You must first apply and be accepted to the teacher certification program to register for a workshop.
Scholarships available after you’ve submitted your application.
You must apply 2 weeks prior to training start date.
* * *
Join us online for a unique teacher training experience!
Our fully online Koru Teacher Certification workshop will be an amazing opportunity for mindfulness practitioners from around the world to come together and train to be certified Koru Teachers.
We have created an online program that prioritizes the high value we place on creating community and connection, and will fully prepare you to begin teaching Koru as soon as the training is complete. This training will provide the same high-level of training folks have come to expect from our in-person trainings.
We know there is a huge need for programming to help young adults regain their balance after the shared, cultural trauma from the past couple of years.
We want you to be ready to meet this need by teaching Koru Mindfulness to the young adults you serve. We look forward to meeting you online! Get started by downloading the application today.
How it works and what to expect
In our time together during the training, we will help you integrate and expand the knowledge you gain from reviewing our training materials in advance. At the end of the training, we hope you will feel fully part of the community of Koru teachers and prepared to begin teaching Koru.
Before the training starts
Your advance reading assignment includes 2 books integral to the Koru curriculum. These books are available as e-books. You may be able to get them from your local or university library.
- Mindfulness for the Next Generation by Rogers and Maytan, Oxford Press.
- The Mindful Twenty-Something by Holly Rogers, New Harbinger.
During the training
We will work together for several hours each day, mostly in small discussion groups to:
- Discuss and expand your learning from the readings and presentations.
- Play with the Koru mobile app and teacher dashboard.
- Learn and practice teaching the Koru skills and meditations.
- Experience the Koru Retreat, a 4-hour meditation experience.
All materials for the training are on the learning platform, Canvas. You will receive information on how to access these materials on Canvas prior to the workshop start date (usually 1 week before start date).
- Review the provided course material, including the required readings.
- Successfully complete all of the module quizzes.
- Attend all of the online live sessions and participate actively in your learning groups.
Our online training will use Zoom and Canvas to combine webinars, and small group conferencing to provide you a robust experience that matches our in-person workshop.
“The workshop was deeply instructive, powerful and insightful. It was all that I expected and more.”
– Roxanne Stoehr, Southeastern Louisiana University, In-person Training
“This training was far more helpful than other online trainings that I have completed.”
– Jessica Perry, Case Western Reserve University, May 2020 Online Training