**You must be accepted to the teacher certification program to register for a workshop. Apply by July 13th.
Join us online for a unique teacher training experience. July 22-25, 2020!
Our fully online Koru Teacher Certification workshop will be an amazing opportunity for mindfulness practitioners from around the world to come together and train to be certified Koru Teachers.
“This is hands-down the best training experience I have ever had, for mindfulness or anything else.”
– Jennifer Price, Georgetown College, May 2020 Online Training
We have created an online program that prioritizes the high value we place on creating community and connection, and will fully prepare you to begin teaching Koru as soon as the training is complete. This training will provide the same high-level of training folks have come to expect from our in-person trainings.
“This training was far more helpful than other online trainings that I have completed. “
– Jessica Perry, Case Western Reserve University, May 2020 Online Training
This training will be designed around Pacific Daylight Time, although all are welcome!
Koru Online Training: How it works and what to expect
We use a flipped classroom model, which means that you will review the bulk of the training content on your own time before the training starts.
In our time together during the training, we will help you integrate and expand the knowledge you gain from reviewing our training materials in advance. At the end of the training, we hope you will feel fully part of the community of Koru teachers and prepared to begin teaching Koru.
Before the training starts
There are videos, readings and short quizzes for you to complete prior to the training. We estimate it will take 6-10 hours to complete these materials.
Your advance reading assignment includes 2 books integral to the Koru curriculum. Both these books are available as e-books. You may be able to get them from your local or university library.
- Mindfulness for the Next Generation by Rogers and Maytan, Oxford Press.
- The Mindful Twenty-Something by Rogers, New Harbinger.
All other materials for the training are on Canvas, the learning platform we use. Once registered for the course, you will receive information on how to access these materials on Canvas. Make sure to login to Canvas at that time and orient yourself to the materials.
During the training:
We will work together for several hours each day, mostly in small discussion groups to:
- Discuss and expand your learning from the readings and videos you have reviewed.
- Play with the Koru mobile app and teacher dashboard.
- Learn and practice teaching the Koru skills and meditations.
- Experience the Koru Retreat, a 4-hour meditation experience.
- Review the provided course material, including watching videos and completing the required readings.
- Successfully complete all of the module quizzes.
- Attend all of the online live sessions and participate actively in your learning groups.
Our online training will combine recorded videos, webinars, and small group conferencing to provide you a robust experience that matches our in-person workshop.
We will be using the online video conferencing platform, Zoom along with Canvas, an online learning platform. Details of our curriculum and how to access these platforms will be provided to all registrants closer to the workshop dates.
Download the Application
Submit your application by July 13th.
This training will be scheduled on Pacific Daylight Time. Anyone from anywhere is welcome, however!
2pm – 5pm
8:30am – 5pm
8:30am – 5:30pm
8:30am – 5pm
*This is a tentative schedule. The official schedule will be e-mailed to registrants closer to date.
“The workshop was deeply instructive, powerful and insightful. It was all that I expected and more.”
– Roxanne Stoehr, Southeastern Louisiana University, In-person Training