“The workshop was deeply instructive, powerful, and insightful. It was all that I expected and more.”
About the Teacher Training Workshop
This training intensive is the first phase of the Koru Mindfulness teacher certification program. The workshop will lay the foundation for teaching the Koru Mindfulness curriculum, an evidence-based mindfulness curriculum designed specifically for young adults.
Download the Application
Different formats, identical content.
We offer several workshop formats with identical content. This allows you to choose a schedule that best suits your needs while receiving identical content.
This online workshop runs at a more relaxed pace with 5 consecutive short days (approximately 5 hours) and allows you to get started with your training in the convenience of your own home.
We combine webinars with small group conferencing to provide you with a robust experience that matches our in-person workshop.
Learn more about our online workshop format.
Three-day, in person
Our in-person workshops are often taught at Universities or in town centers and offer the opportunity for you to be immersed in our training and to meet fellow teachers in person.
We will follow all regulations and advisories from governments and public health organizations regarding the safety of gatherings such as this one due to the coronavirus.
Learn more about our in-person workshop format.
Ready to join us?
Download, complete, and upload the application here within 2 weeks of the training start date. You must be accepted into the Koru Mindfulness teacher certification program to register for a training workshop.
Download the Application
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the developmental challenges specific to emerging adults and the ways that mindfulness and meditation are uniquely helpful for this age group.
- Discuss the research on Koru and other mindfulness research that is relevant to young adults.
- Identify common stumbling blocks emerging adults experience with mindfulness and meditation and develop teaching strategies to address these stumbling blocks.
- Demonstrate specific mindfulness skills taught in the Koru curriculum.
- Organize and teach the Koru Basic curriculum.
Anyone who would like to use mindfulness in their work with college and graduate students or other emerging adults will benefit from this training. The following professionals may find it particularly relevant:
- College Counseling Center Professionals
- Health and Wellness Professionals
- Higher Education Professionals providing academic support to emerging adults
- University-Based Student Affairs Professionals
- Professionals who work with young adults who struggle with stress-related conditions
- Faculty or other higher educational professionals
Want to host a Koru training?
If you have 5 or more colleagues who are interested in pursuing Koru teacher certification, you may find that hosting a training is an effective approach to quickly building your Koru community.
For online trainings, the hosting agency can choose the schedule format and timezone preference. For in-person trainings, the hosting agency receives reduced tuition, and travel costs for your staff will be eliminated.
There is the additional benefit of broadening the Koru community in your region, which allows for a strong network of Koru teachers to share in continued learning and support.
If you’d like to know more about bringing Koru to your institution, contact us.