About the Teacher Training Workshop
This training intensive is the first phase of the Koru Mindfulness teacher certification program. The training will lay the foundation for teaching the Koru Mindfulness curriculum, an evidence-based mindfulness curriculum designed specifically for young adults.
We offer two formats for the workshops. The content of the training is identical in all the workshops. You can choose the workshop that best suits your needs. Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, only online workshops will be available for 2020.
- Three day, in-person workshops are often taught at Universities or in town centers and offer the opportunity for you to be immersed in our training and to meet fellow teachers in person.
- Three and a half day, online workshops allow you to get started with your training in the convenience of your own home. Much of the content is provided in video format to be viewed by participants ahead of the workshop, which allows our time together to have a relaxed pace with more time for group practice.
You must be accepted into the Koru Mindfulness teacher certification program to register for a training.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the developmental challenges specific to emerging adults and the ways that mindfulness and meditation are uniquely helpful for this age group.
- Discuss the research on Koru and other mindfulness research that is relevant to young adults.
- Identify common stumbling blocks emerging adults experience with mindfulness and meditation and develop teaching strategies to address these stumbling blocks.
- Demonstrate specific mindfulness skills taught in the Koru curriculum.
- Organize and teach all three components of the Koru Mindfulness curriculum: Koru Basic, Koru 2.0 and Koru Retreat.
Anyone who would like to use mindfulness in their work with college and graduate students or other emerging adults will benefit from this training. The following professionals may find it particularly relevant:
- College Counseling Center Professionals
- Health and Wellness Professionals
- Higher Education Professionals providing academic support to emerging adults
- University Based Student Affairs Professionals
- Professionals who work with young adults who struggle with stress-related conditions
- Faculty or other higher educational professionals
Want to host a Koru training?
If you have 5 or more colleagues who are interested in pursuing Koru teacher certification, you may find that hosting a training is a cost-effective approach to quickly building your Koru community.
The hosting agency receives reduced tuition, and travel costs for your staff will be eliminated. There is the additional benefit of broadening the Koru community in your region, which allows for a strong network of Koru teachers to share in continued learning and support.
If you’d like to know more about bringing Koru to your institution, contact us.