Build resilience with Koru’s evidence-based training.
Thousands of studies have shown the positive effects of meditation and mindfulness – it is one of the most critical skills a person can master. Yet too often, the way mindfulness is taught is neither relevant nor accessible to the people who need it most.
Koru’s evidence-based training is specifically designed to address this problem, and it’s backed up by a comprehensive and highly efficient certification and teacher-support program. Our unique mindfulness teacher certification program will get you the tools to start changing lives.
“Koru couldn’t have come at a better time- we NEED this during these incredibly stressful and uncertain times. On behalf of everyone who I know that has been transformed, uplifted, and nurtured by Koru, I thank you.”
– Mary Ann, Kent State
Join us January 12-15, 2021! ACHA members receive 30% discount
This online workshop is the first phase of the Koru Mindfulness teacher certification program. The training will lay the foundation for teaching the Koru Mindfulness curriculum.
Apply by December 15th for this Workshop and mention you are a member of ACHA to receive a 30% discount off of Teacher Tuition.
Download the Application
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the developmental challenges specific to emerging adults and the ways that mindfulness and meditation are uniquely helpful for this age group.
- Discuss the research on Koru and other mindfulness research that is relevant to young adults.
- Identify common stumbling blocks emerging adults experience with mindfulness and meditation and develop teaching strategies to address these stumbling blocks.
- Demonstrate specific mindfulness skills taught in the Koru curriculum.
- Organize and teach all three components of the Koru Mindfulness curriculum: Koru Basic, Koru 2.0 and Koru Retreat.
“The workshop was deeply instructive, powerful and insightful. It was all that I expected and more.”
– Roxanne Stoehr, Southeastern Louisiana University
Cost effective and highly efficient
The certification program is designed to teach you everything you need to know to effectively teach mindfulness using the Koru Mindfulness curriculum.
Once you have been accepted into our program you will participate in our 3 phase certification program that can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending on your timeframe. You will attend an online workshop with lead trainers, facilitate your own classes with support from us, and submit a portfolio of your experience teaching Koru.
Apply by December 15th to join us for our upcoming workshop, January 12-15, 2021. This 3 and a half day online workshop will allow you to get started with your training in the convenience of your own home. Much of the content is provided in video format to be viewed by participants ahead of the workshop, which allows our time together to have a relaxed pace with more time for group practice.
Koru’s randomized, controlled trial proves effectiveness.
After developing and working with the Koru curriculum for nearly 10 years, we completed a randomized, controlled trial that was the most downloaded article in ACHA in 2014.
Our trial showed the following results:
- Students reported feeling more calm
- Students had greater self-compassion
- Students felt more rested
- Students improved their mindfulness
“Before I took Koru, I never noticed how much time I spent lost in negative thoughts about myself. Since taking Koru, I’m not so hard on myself any more. It makes everything a whole lot easier.”
– Koru Student
Benefits to our Certification Program
If you are an Administrator, Nurse, Doctor, Health Promoter, Counseling Center Professional, or anyone who works with young adults in any capacity then you can benefit from Koru Mindfulness.
By being a licensed Koru Mindfulness teacher, you will gain benefits such as:
- Easy access for support and consultation from the Center for Koru Mindfulness® faculty.
- Use our unique technology to connect with and mentor students via their Koru mobile app.
- Access to Koru Mindfulness® teaching materials, training videos, and audio recordings.
- Inclusion in the directory of Certified Koru Mindfulness Teachers on the Koru Center website and use of this designation for your own website and training materials.
- Eligibility to be selected to serve as faculty for Koru Center events and trainings.
- Discounted fees for Koru Center events and trainings.
- Permission to use the trademarked Koru Logo in all of your training and advertising materials.
- Once you become certified, your yearly membership will include access to updated curricula, resources, and technology.
Ready to start changing lives?
Apply by December 15th for our next three and a half day online workshop: January 12-15, 2021! Mention you are a member of ACHA to receive a 30% discount off of Teacher Tuition.
Download the Application