Mindfulness for the Next Generation:
Helping Emerging Adults Manage Stress and Lead Healthier Lives
Mindfulness for the Next Generation, 2nd ed., is the essential text for those interested in teaching mindfulness to college students and other emerging adults (EA’s). Though written primarily for those who work with EA’s, the book can also be used as a guide for EAs who want to start their own mindfulness practice.
The book includes:
- Review of the developmental stage of emerging adulthood and the unique characteristics of this age group.
- Discussion of specific benefits of mindfulness training for this age group.
- Review of research on mindfulness that is relevant for EA’s.
- General strategies for teaching mindfulness to EA’s.
- A detailed description of Koru, the evidenced based, 4-week workshop designed for teaching mindfulness to EA’s. Chapters 5-9 serve as a manual for Koru, giving specifics for each class including scripts for all the trainings and meditations. Responses to students’ Frequently Asked Questions are also included.